APS question

In my V280 from 1998 there is an APS system. Nowhere to find what model it is but after searching the net I found it: it is APS 4.

Unfortunately I get "CD read error. Please change CD". Since it doesn't matter what CD I insert, the error comes back. I understood that inserting music cd supposed to give another error: "No NAV CD. Please change CD."

Does it say that my NAV unit is broken??

Anybody knows what brand actually such an APS is? Blaupunkt? Becker?

I have to admit that so far didn't have the opportunity to test with original MB CD.

Greetings

Art

Reply to
Simart