Volvo VADIS disk?

I have a Volvo VADIS 2004B DVD and every time I launch it says "expired" September 1, 2004. I just need to access some info for my 2001 C70 is there a way to bypass this? I have original password and user name but it will not allow me to use those or get past first screen.

Thanks

Reply to
Spectre

Hi, Yes there is a way. Once you have installed the Vadis on your computer, you can change a date in one of the info files. The details on how to do this for your particular disk should be obtainable from the person who sold (or gave) it to you. Good luck, Brad

Mystical

You could always set the date back a year or so on your PC.

If you don't want to do that, try this:

  1. Create a backup copy of the file C:\Info\vvindex\ini\cdinfo.ini and give the backup a different name (e.g. cdinfo.in$)
  2. Change the original file from read only to read/write in order to edit it
  3. Edit the file with notepad, changing WarningDays to (say) 1800 instead of
180 and ExpirationDays to (say) 2100 instead of 210
  1. Save the changes

The program will then run without getting the expiry errors.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

Hi Spectre, I'm looking to buy a VADIS DVD? How much?

You can reach me by email. Remove the REM from email

aREM101REM102 AT hotmail DOT com

Reply to
Swedish

Hi I have Volvo Vadis 2003F and i have same problem I had follow yours instruction but i cant find you can find my cdinfo.ini

Title: VADIS 2003 Edition F - DE Cdname: dvdsetde Type: setupcd (format 3) Createdate: 2002-09-09 13:44 Languages: DE Datacds: dvdnewde dvdoldde ValidInfoDate: 2003-11-21 Current status: released Release used: Staged with EMDV rel672 0305121312 Last event: release 2003-11-21 17:16 by v084290

Size of setup cd is 364.2 Mb

Reply to
CbIHTON n/a via CarKB.com

I have Fix it Thank you so much :))

but i need User ID: and Password : can you give it to me

Reply to
CbIHTON n/a via CarKB.com

"CbIHTON n/a via CarKB.com" wrote: > Hi > I have Volvo Vadis 2003F and i have same problem > I had follow yours instruction but i cant find you can find > my cdinfo.ini > > Title: VADIS 2003 Edition F - DE > Cdname: dvdsetde > Type: setupcd (format 3) > Createdate: 2002-09-09 13:44 > Languages: DE > Datacds: dvdnewde dvdoldde > ValidInfoDate: 2003-11-21 > Current status: released > Release used: Staged with EMDV rel672 0305121312 > Last event: release 2003-11-21 17:16 by v084290 > > > Size of setup cd is 364.2 Mb

:oops:

Hi there, Is there any way to change the default language? the only option in the system config at startup is Swedish, even though there is an EN option in the separate config program, and even though I?m Icelandic it still feels awkward muddling through it mostly trial an error (sorry Swedish cousins)

Thanks And greetings from Iceland

FrostyV70XC ?01

Reply to
FrostyV70XC

got a version of vadis and it's only in SV language, any possible ways to change the language to english

Reply to
cacacaca