A warm, sunny day, an open roof sportscar, and a Dealer's plate!

Had some stuff to bring home from work, so we piled it in a van and put the plate on it. Left work an hour early and... Well, well, what an Opportunity! I reassembled the interior in record time and slapped on the plate.

Once I got over the 'cowl shake' I settled right in and went for a good ride. I put some 93 Octane in it ans was ready to go home until I smeeld gas and saw the puddle at the rear of the car! Darn! I just had to driuve around until the level went below the leak, just under half a tank (I had put in just OVER half a tank...)

Even with a kludgey tranny, it was still a nice ride! I had to shift manually, but I'm used to that anyway. Neat little Growl from the exhaust, too!!! (Not broken, the natural sound...)

I'm not used to a car with such a long hood! But, I have driven so many cars it took all of 5 minutes to acclimate. The tires are just passable so the grip wasn't bad. The tranny worked OK without slippage; just wouldn't shift automatically. Steering is good, handling is great, and the top off on a nice day was wonderful!!

Throw into this mix a JVC CD player with separate EQ unit, 100 Watt per channel amp feeding 2 6.5" MB Quarts in the front and 2 5.25" MB quarts in the rear, and a 12" sub driven by a 250 watt amp and Yeeeee Haaaaa!!! Of course the CD was 'period music'...Bangles, Midnight Oil, etc with a couple of Live (the band, not the performance) songs for good measure...

Reply to
hachiroku