ASR Problems

I have a 93 600SEL that has been at my local MB shop more then I have been driving the car. The problems I am having with the car is the ASR light keeps coming on the car starts ok idles just fine but when you give it gas in park the ASR light comes on and the car loses all power, I can put the car in drive and give it a little gas and it will go but don't attempt to take it over 30 or so MPH and the ASR light will come one and you have to put the car back in park restart the car and start over again. I have had the car in the shop 10 diff times and at 3 diff places and no one can fix it, I even took it to the dealer and they only wanted to keep changing parts the ASR computer, Injectors, Trans (yes they had me install a new TRANS in the car that was almost $5000.00) and still car doesn't run if anyone has any ideas on what I should do other then sending the car to the NAVY for target practice let me know thanks

Reply to
John Greunke

The rarity and complexity of this model is part of the problem, IMHO. Other, more common, models have a relay called the "over voltage protection relay" that sometimes causes the car to exhibit strange behavior. Suggest you ask someone competent to check if your car has one of these and if so, whether it's defective.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Most common ASR fault is CTP [ closed throttle switch] or brake light switch.. Have the ASR module scanned for codes..

Reply to
AJDalton7

Been there, done that..... you need a new engine wire harness.

Reply to
Karl

Reply to
<guestjag