ATF fluid for 85 300SD Turbo

I just got this car and do not have an owners manual yet. My 81 SD manual says use ATF fluid. There is DEXTRON III avaliable at my local COSTCO store. I presume in 1985 Dextron III did not exist. Is it compatible or do I need to look for the DEXRTON II product? Anybody out there know? Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Wolfgang Bley

Dex III replaced Dex II. Use it!

Reply to
Karl

Thank you very much. I have my project for the day ahead of me. :-) wolf

Reply to
Wolfgang Bley