Automatic Transmission Fluid for Power Steering ? - Correct or Typo - 1997 Camry

1997 Camry V6

I need to refill the power steering fluid but the user manual says to fill it with - "Automatic transmission fluid DEXTRON II or III". Is this instruction correct or was it a typo in the manual.

Thanks Joe

Reply to
Joe

trans fluid has been used in power steering since 89? my 91 takes trans fluid. My differential takes trans fluid and of course the transmission takes trans fluid.

Reply to
m Ransley

Dexron III is the lowest quality acceptable (and most available) hydraulic fluid acceptable to Toyota. Buy genuine power steering fluid. Toyota does not use Dexron for factory fill.

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to