Transmission Fluid for 740?

I was going to change my tranny fluid, and went to get fluid at local parts supplier and could not find a compatible fluid. Owners manual says to use Dexron IID. Could not find IID, only IIC or IIE.What's up with that? Car is an '89 740 GL 8 valve.Only has 284,000 miles on it.Just getting broke in!

Reply to
L.D.Cosby

I would guess IIE meets or exceeds all the specifications of IID, in my limited experience with the automatics I've found that any sort of Dextron works just fine.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'm pretty sure that IIE is an improvement upon IID and should work fine.

John

Reply to
John Horner