Auto gearbox fault SLK230

Does anyone know if the SLK230 is prone to auto box problems. The symptoms were Sort of screeching sound and very quick gear changing. then it gradually lost its gears until lit would only move in low. Checked the oil but you need a dipstick from Mercedes to do that so just put in 1/2 litre and now it don't even move. Up until then it had been fine for the 2000 mile I have done since I bought the car. Any ideas from an experienced mechanic appreciated. The car belongs to a paint sprayer in out workshop and we are trying to help. I think its a 5 speed

Regards Ken

Reply to
ken Booth