99 Camry Flex Pipe

The flex pipe on my Camry has a hole in it. Is there a source for this? It looks like I should be able to cut it out of there, and install an aftermarket (if it exists), but the part would need to be clamped in.

The rest of the pipe and Catalytic look good. I have to believe this is a common problem.

Fred

Reply to
Cornerman

My 97 has not had any exhaust system problems at all --- yet.

Reply to
badgolferman

If you have a new exhaust installed at a Toyota dealer (assuming you are in the U.S. or Canada) you will have a lifetime parts and labor warranty on the replaced parts.

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in news:d9119$4518065e$44a4a10d$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

It'a amazing how many people don't know that. And OEM exhaust systems last many times longer than aftermarket.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Hey, Tegger! Welcome back!

But, I didn't think the flex pipe was covered...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yup, 8 years out of the OEM is not good enough but 5 years out of an aftermarket one is considered good!

Reply to
Ray O

The exhaust warranty covers mufflers and pipes.

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in news:d3f15$451880c5$180ffe52$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

I have never had an aftermarket exhaust go five years without repairs. That's why I stopped buying them in the first place.

Aftermarket systems are usually installed piecemeal, in addition to being made of inferior materials. They fix one thing, and the next year something else is holed, so they fix that, and so on, and so on... That's how they make their money.

A caveat though, some automakers only warrant the muffler (and whatever came with the one-piece design), and not the forward pipes.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Hachiroku wrote in news:CI_Rg.4329$8j4.1439@trndny05:

I just lurk more than anything now. Got most of the OT stuff filtered, meaning I get very few messages from this group.

Ray would have to answer that.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

It has been something like 20 years since I thought about whether the flex pipe is covered or not. I thought it is, but to be honest, I'm not sure. The OP can call the dealership and ask and share the answer here, and hopefully, I'll remember the answer for the next time it comes up.

Reply to
Ray O