Where To Buy a Header Pipe for a 1996 XJ 4.0L 4WD

When replacing the exhaust system and the CatCon on a 96 Cherokee Sport (6 CYL, 4WD, 101K Miles), does it make any sense to replace the header pipe at the same time, even if it looks OK?

A local muffler shop says if it needs to be replaced, it will cost around $200.00. That seems high to me, but I can't find any sources online for a Jeep header pipe. Anyone know where to buy a header pipe online? Thanks!!!

Reply to
rwintermeyer

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com did pass the time by typing:

That's not too far out of line considering they have to take quite a bit apart to replace the header.

For 200 I might well have had someone do it for me. :) (nah)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

When I needed one for my 96 the only place that had it was the dealer and it was $125.

BILL. I think he's asking about the header PIPE not the header.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo