Urgent HELP required! Citroen AX alarm system

Hi there,

I've recently bought a second hand 1994 citroen AX debut and so far it's been ok, but tonight I've opened the door and an alarm has started going off.

I didn't even realise it had a real alarm, argh. I also have no clue how it was activated. There is a button next to the steering wheel along with a red light. I don't have an alarm fob or anything for it, I wasn't informed that I needed one.

So is there anyway of turning the alarm off using the key and the red button. The alarm consists of the horn going with the lights flashing.

Should this car have come with an alarm fob? or do you activate/ deactivate it using only the key and the red button.

Any help given would be much appreciated. This is an emergency.

Scott

Reply to
Scottyb1

A few suggestions, I don't have any experience with an AX so these may not help, but I guess they are worth trying.

Does the car have a black dome a bit smaller than a ping pong ball in between the sun shields above the interior mirror? This would be a give away that it has/had remote central locking.

Anyhow, first option, start the car with the engine running hold in the red alarm button for 10 seconds, this may turn the alarm off.

2nd option, open the bonnet and look around for a keyswitch like the doorlock and turn this off to disable the alarm (look around near the top of the engine compartment) 3rd option, disconnect the battery to shut the thing up for the time being (check to see if there are any additional wires coming from the battery as it could have been fitted after market) as this will at least allow you some thinking time.

sorry, can't help more. Don't know anything about the AX really apart from when I borrowed one while getting my Xantia fixed it felt like a tin can on top of a roller skate ;)

Reply to
hissing

Yep that's the AX alright, thanks for the advice, time to go annoy the neighbours.

Reply to
Scottyb1