C180 radio removale

The title says it all. Need to remove the radio cassette on this 2001 C180 to fit a CD player. I need to know how to remove the trim around the radio to give my access to remove the radio. Apart from buying a Haynes manual, and ideas how?

Please post here or if you prefer email me, jcrymer AT hotmail DOT com

Cheers.

Reply to
John Rymer

The new system requires special tool to 'unlock' and remove the unit. The tool looks like a key, as thin as credit card. Lots of vendors on eBay selling this. You can also find it from many other online stores.

I have not d> The title says it all. Need to remove the radio cassette on this 2001 C180

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

I have the keys, got them with the new CD player but there is no space around the old radio to insert them. The Radio is not standard size and I think you remove the trim then unscrew the radio and tray below it.

Reply to
John Rymer

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

There are slots on the new radio, one on the bottom right and one behind the removable left hand side of the facia. None on the existing radio.

The head unit already fitted is not standard DIN size, same as this one...

John Rymer

Wan-ning Tan

No problem, thanks anyway.

The one I'm removing is the radio / cassette version of this..

And the one I'm fitting is this..
The one I'm removing seems to be secured by screws at the side so I would have to remove the would trim surround to get access to the screws, hence my problem, how do I remove the trim properly... anyone ?

John Rymer

Like this:-

BTW, Haynes don't publish a W203 manual :-(

Reply to
Stratman