cam sensor

Help. I have a 1994 e320 I am getting error messages 22,and 25. Cam sensor and crank sensor. I have canges them BOTH and I still set the message.

Steve

Reply to
sland

Do you have a problem of car shutting off on you randomly? I asked because my friend has a 93 E320 and did the same darn thing... he replaced the cam and crank sensor only to find it still shutting off on him.

The result was the overload relay... changed it and the problem is gone.

Reply to
Tiger

I already tried that. thanks anyway Steve

Reply to
sland

Then there is the last possibility.. the main wiring harness... pull out both carpet by the driver side footwell... you will see a wiring harness go out by the accelerator... and on the opposite side... Inspect these wires and make sure there is no frayed wire.

There was a recall on this matter... the dealer solution was to install a clip to prevent this from happening... I don't know if this is still covered under recall if the wires are frayed.

Reply to
Tiger

Have you Cleared the code memory?

Reply to