Can't Get Hatch Open

Got an '81 300TD Turbo that I cannot get the back hatch open on. I'm told the previous owner locked it from the inside (forced the lock maybe) and it is refusing to unlock. Anyone have any experience with these latch assemblies and how they work, or know where I can get a diagram of one?

I've tried to look in there to see what was going on, but you can't see much.

Reply to
Absolutely

Have you tried to unlock it with the key in de lock of the hatch?? "Absolutely" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Jukebox Hero

Yes I did that. Got it open. The locking mechanism was bound, probably from the previous owner forcing the lock down.

Reply to
Absolutely