Hatch lock problems

I have a 99 Outback wagon, and recently the lock on the rear hatch broke. I bought a new lock online to replace the old one, but I can't trigger the latch assembly to secure it to the striker plate. Everything else works just fine (the door lock, the open door signal), but I can't get the hatch to stay closed. Any Suggestions?

JO

Reply to
JO