Climate control question for 380SL

I recently installed a Coverlay to repair a blue cracked dash. I cut the hole for the air tube and placed the chimney down into the dash. I pulled the glove box and found the remains of the foam tube that attaches to the bottom of the chimney. Can any one tell me how the bottom of the new foam tube attaches to the air plenum? I found a vinyl tube of the appropiate size with similar glue and residue on the end but can't determine where it leads. (Could this be the point where the foam tube attaches?) I also found a white housing with a reed type element inserted and again a small rubber nipple with the same glue and old foam residue. Don't have a clue, doesn't seem that both can be in the loop. Does anyone have any info on how this goes together?

Thanks in Advance Jack And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln

29 09.56N 082 10.13W
Reply to
Jack Archambault