CLK Cabriolet -- Window Question

The Driver's window, when put on auto-up, goes all the way up and then drops down about 2-3 inches. But: - only when the left rear window is down, and - only some of the time

The dealer replaced the window motor to fix it .... It didn't. I took it back, and they now tell me that they checked 3 other CLK Cabs and they all do it, too .. Therefore it is a planned design feature.!

Makes no sense to me -- anyone have any insight to this?

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew W. Frank

Try resetting the window stop:

Doors Closed, top raised

Ignition ON

Lower Windows and hold button for 10 seconds. Raise Window and hold button for 10 seconds

Ignition OFF Ignition ON

Mike

Reply to
MJK

I had something similar happen; driver's window (right side UK) dropping several inches.

Your instructions sound vaguely similar to what the dealership said, though I don't recollect any fiddling with the ignition. The key thing is that nothing needs to be replaced and that it is only a reset.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Worked like a charm -- thanks, Mike. You'd think that a Mercedes-designated "Best of the Best" service department would have known that!

Andy

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, MJK at snipped-for-privacy@mjkarin.net wrote on 6/30/05 6:52 PM:

Reply to
Andrew W. Frank