COMAND DVD Information

When I bought my Mercedes E Class May last year, it came with the COMAND DVD navigation system. Looking on the DVD I have version 2.0 for Europe. I have a couple of questions that I would be grateful if someone could answer:

1) Is there a later version of the software? 2) If so, how can I tell what has changed between versions? 3) How much would I expect to pay for the updated version? 4) Are there any suppliers other than MB dealers who would be able to supply the software? 5) Is it just the data that changes, or does the disk actually have updates to the navigation software, or even the COMAND module itself?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Reply to
John Smart

You can buy on the net via

the dealer also buy it via tele-atlas. I just bought a benelux cd ( 2004). Strange...I paid less money at the dealer as what tele-atlas is asking via the net.

I don't know i you can upgrade. I treid to register via the net. Didn't succeed.

Bye Ronald

Reply to
R.Feddema