COMAND system standard on S-class?

Hi,

We're looking to buy a used S-class here in the UK, year 2000 ('W' or 'X' registration). All of the cars that we have looked at (S280s, a few S320s) do not mention the COMAND system in their spec list. Am I mistaken then in thinking that the system was supplied as standard on all current model S-classes?

Assuming that we can't buy a car with the COMAND system built-in, does anyone know if we can get it fitted here afterwards in the UK?

Thanks.

Reply to
Peabody

Yes you are, on the smaller engined models it was an option.

If you have got deep pockets.

Reply to
miknik

Deep pockets?

Not so. I bought mine $1,300USD installed from a gentleman, Steve Krabbenborg, who goes by the handle MBenzNL, from the Netherlands. He hangs out on mbworld.org. Reach out to s snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com.

Reply to
FatHead