Current C-Class seats

Just changed from German built 2000 C200K to South African built 2003 C220 CDI - UK market, RHD. Trim-wise, the cars are Classic and just about identical down to the anthracite colour. Problem is the new car is resulting in a dreadful pain in my left leg (auto gearbox, so it doesn't have to do much). The pain is almost immediate on sitting in the car, only thing I can put it down to is that the new car drivers seat doesn't lower quite as much as the old one (and and this being compounded by being less worn, having being sat in for 100,000 less miles). Trying to bottom the problem, anyone definitely know that the seats have less lower adjustment now? or am I clutching at straws? Any other thoughts, suggestions or cures most welcome.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Lawson

Under the same circumstances I would verify that the frontal adjustment on the seat (the wheel) is turned as far as it goes. Apart from that I would consider that long driving stints have the same impact on the body as long long plane flights.

If all else fails you might consider a memory seat in the next car.

Reply to
Miro

This may sound like a weird question, but ...

Do you keep your wallet (or other object) in your left rear trouser pocket? If so, try removing the wallet from your pocket before sitting in the vehicle.

I had a similar experience with a new car about 10 years ago, and it turns out that my wallet was in just the right place to put pressure on a nerve.

Unlikely, but doesn't cost anything to consider ...

Reply to
Clue-Stick Man

Cool lateral thinking, but wallet is on the right hand side.... and virtually empty!

Reply to
Neil Lawson

Tried the wheel fully up and fully down. Accept it is a problem with me rather than the car, just don't look forward to the next 90,000 miles before I can change it.

Reply to
Neil Lawson