Defeating 2002 E-320 seat belt and Remove Key alarms

How can I defeat the seat belt and Remove Key squawkers in a 2002 E320. That alone is causing me to really dislike the car! I talked to the service department and they only said "Don't, it's done for a reason." (Yeah, to annoy knowledgeable drivers!)

Any workable ideas?

Thanks...

Reply to
James O'Riley

C'mon now, even you (or your passenger) might forget something. You seem very sure of yourself...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
James O'Riley

But on the other hand Dori, I have to ask if you aren't sure of yourself? We would be in trouble if we weren't sure of ourselves about our own tendencies.

But here's an example from today: I received a leather steering wheel cover that had to be laced on by hand. As usual my wife insisted on helping. We do many thing together like building a house together before we were married.

It really took us both to do the job, so I opened the door so she could be closer to the steering wheel. But, the wheel had to be rotated several times to get the holes to an angle that we could push the needle through. The only way to over come the wheel lock was to start the engine. And of course the squawker had a field day because both the door was open and I hadn't fastened the seat belt.

Now maybe that wouldn't bother you, but it did me, so we had to start the engine every moment and turn the wheel another 30 degrees. Yes, I could have buckled the seat belt and sat on it, but what about the door squawker? AFAIK there's no way to shut it off with a pin switch on the door frame. If you know where it is please tell me.

HTH you understand how other people think at times. :-(

Dori A Schmetterl> C'mon now, even you (or your passenger) might forget something. You seem

Reply to
James O'Riley

On my car the seat belt warning system never activates, because I always engage the seat belt before it would, no irritating sounds then.

I accept that the alarm sound was irritating in your case but think of a case where a fellow passenger forgot to use the seat belt (or intentionally did that) and you had a bad accident (likely caused by somebody else). I think you would prefer the sound after that, even while working on your stationary car.

"James O'Riley" We would be in trouble if we weren't sure of ourselves about our own

Reply to
Me