I would have to disagree with you.
1. CD's can handle Water
2. CD's have much better frequency response
3. CD's are much cleaner sound and sttic free
4. You do not have to worry about buildup on the head like a tape
5. Cd's are just as easy to insert
6. Impedance DOES matter. My becker sounded much stronger when the
speakers were replaced with good 4 ohm models.
7. Only cheap CD players skip anymore, even those are rare.
8. The difference is easy to tell, it goes back to clarity and
9. Oh, yea. CD's do not wear out nor do they require rewinding for
your favorite song.
10. Who would steal old technology, except a Yugo owner.
The only issue I have found is replacing the screwed up size speakers
in my 1989 300E. Just under 5" in front, just over 5" in back. Found
the best way was to build templates to allow 3.5" or 4" in the dash and
rear deck, then add a sub in the trunk, ported into the cabin via the
area under the Medical kit. Less than $400.00 and you can have sound
better than any standard system.