Duoliner 2.2 diesel Auto

I will soon be taking delivery of a Duoliner 2.2 diesel with Automatic Transition, first week of March 2008 from:-

I have a disability & have had push/pull handcontrols supplied & fitted by an agent from Alfred Bekker Controls.

Despite the best efforts from the fitter, I still find the accelerator too heavy to operate. I spoke to the mechanics on site to see if there was any way to lessen the resistance of the actual accelerator peddle by simply replacing a spring, unfortunately this appeared to be impossible.

Any thoughts?

Sorry if this is OT but I'm desperate!

Many thanks,

Andy (Sunny Scotland)

Reply to
Maclehose

I find it difficult to believe that a spring loaded throttle cannot be modified with another spring! (This may be a liability issue when modifying the original vehicle design.) Have them show you the throttle spring so YOU can have it changed by a sympathetic mechanic.

The official fix may be to apply a lever to the stiff throttle so a longer travel is substituted for the overly stiff spring.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

I am assuming that you are using hand control for accelerator. Since it is a mechanical device based on leverage, perhap they can modify the hand level or custom make it so you have more leverage power. Call up the manufacturer and discuss this with them.

Reply to
Tiger

My diesel pedal was very hard to depress when I purchased my car recently. Very hard. I purchased a can of silicone spray lubricant and applied some to the back of the accelerator pedal and it feels more like a gas engine pedal. On my car, the problem is not a spring on the pedal, but the fact that there is very little mechanical advantage from the pedal to the injection system. Although, I am willing to bet there is a way to get the cruise control to control the accelerator manually like the foot pedal would. However, that may be more difficult to figure out than just adding a better mechanical advantage to the hand controls. I looked at the site and it seems that the mechanical advantage could be adjusted on those controls. If not, then look at another manufacturer.

Reply to
DougS

quoted text -

Yes, you are quite correct, they can be adjusted, but they are at the max at the moment. I've been using this type of control for the last

20 years on different vehicle & have never had any problems. I will, reluctantly, be looking at another HC manufacturer.

I've fired off an email to Mercedes UK for their help too.

Thanks to all who have helped.

Dare I say it, watch this space :-)

Reply to
Maclehose