How do you remove plastic skirt

Hi

1996 E300D. I have some rust appearing on the trailing edge of the front wheel arches and the leading edge of the rear wheel arches. I want to treat the rust, but to do the job properly, I need to remove the plastic skirting. I can't see any obvious clips, so does anybody know how to do this without special tools?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Charlie Brown

Richard, go the ends of the skirting and you'll see screws that hold it unto the body... undo these. Now simply pry off the skirting, of course taking care not to wreck the paint etc. At least that's how it works on mine

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Thanks Guenter, I'll give this a try, now I know what to look for, There's a good chance I'll not make a mess

CB21271

Reply to
cb2171

How about asking her nicely to drop it?