How to reset service reminder for 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK320?

Every time I start the car, the instrument display keeps reminding me to take it in for Service B, but I do my own maintenence and would like to turn that off myself. Anybody know the procedure? Thanks!

"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."

Reply to
Logic316

This works on my 2004 CLK....

With the display in the "default" normal driving position, (this should be Speed or Temperature display) and the door closed.

1) Put the key in the Ignition switch. 2) Turn the key on to Ignition position (1 click only)

3) Within 3 seconds after the Ignition is turned on to position 1, push the "reset" nob 3 times. Battery Voltage should appear on your cluster.

4) Now turn the key to Ignition position 2 ( 2nd click)

5) Use the arrow up/down command on your steering wheel to change your screen on your cluster until you see the "Services A/B" indicator on your cluster.

6) Within 3 seconds once you see the "Services A/B " indicator appear on the cluster, press and hold the reset nob for at least 3 seconds.

7) You now should see the "Service interval" manual on the cluster and it will ask you if you want to reset the "Service interval".

8) Within 3 second after you see "service interval" appear on your cluster, press and hold the reset nob one more time for another 3 seconds.

9) You now should see a message appear "Service interval has been reset"

If you screw up the procedure, take out the key and start all over.

Reply to
David J

It turns out the service reminder reset procedure on the 2002 is a bit different. That stuff about pressing the reset button 3 times didn't do anything, and there are more buttons on my steering wheel than yours. But I managed to find this on the web and it did the trick for my car:

Flexible Service System Reset in plain English - step by step procedure for

2002 CLK320:

  1. With doors closed turn the electronic key in steering lock to position 2.

  2. With the lower left buttons on the steering wheel select the trip odometer and main odometer display.

  1. With the upper left buttons on the steering wheel select the Service (A/B) interval message.

  2. Press and hold button 'R' on the instrument cluster. The multifunction display will display the question: "DO YOU WANT TO RESET SERVICE INTERVAL? - CONFIRM BY PRESSING R"

  1. Press and hold button 'R' on the instrument cluster again until a signal sounds. The message 'SERVICE INTERVAL HAS BEEN RESET' appears in the multifunction display. The new service indicator is displayed with the reset distance of 10,000 miles.

- Logic316

"ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.earth -- reboot universe? (Y/N)"

Reply to
Logic316