How to take off dash in 126?

I have electrical problems in my '85 300sd, a CD player was put in and now the sun roof and climate control doesn't work. The passenger side power mirror didn't work either, no pwer coming, must be disconnected somewhere and also, the connecter to the mirror was a 5 hole (1986 version?), instead of 4, wonder how THAT got in there, probably some lazy mechanic. Anyways, I have to take off my entire dash, that's where some of the problems are. I've almost taken everything off but the radio. HOW do I take that thing off? I've gone through many posts about how to take the radio off, and everybody mentions two spring loaded 'pins', but where are these pins? are they under the radio plastic holder towards the console?

Also, to remove the dash, do I have to take the steering wheel off?

Thank you in advance for any help! cp

Reply to
cp