I have 2003 SL500 Where to from here?

My 2003 SL500 will be 4 years old come March. I'm starting to thnk about another car. Where do I go from here? I don't want to pay another $30-$40K for a SL55 or SL600 etc..

Anyone have any suggestions other then buying another SL500?

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Brian wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Give me your car and I will give you the advice you seek.

Reply to
Kubez

(2003 4 years old?)

What's wrong with a 4 year old SL500? It's not a Viper that's solid only for the first 50k (so I've been told by owners and detractors)

cp

Reply to
cp

Ah.....the lifestyles rich and famous.....

Reply to
Karl

Unless you're married to having a retractable, I'd suggest a CL500. Still a

302hp car, but a LOT bigger on the inside.

It's basically a 2-door S-class.

For that matter, get an S.....

Reply to
Joey Schoenleber

the first 50k (so I've been told by owners and

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Brian

ahhhhh

cp

Reply to
cp

No upright star / sight on the end of the bonnet.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Mmm... I am assuming you want another car after this... You just don't want to be stuck with repair bills... If it is only the repair bills you are worried about then you can consider AAA Extended Warranty Program.

If you just want another car (because you can), mmm... If that car are just not enough for you in comfort, performance, luxury... I don't know what can match this... higher performance cars cost more...

BMW 645i is nice car... however, like any new car, there are bound to be bugs on it... all the kinks that needed to be worked out. Retaining value is something to be wondered... it may hold up... or it may sink just like the rest of BMWs after 3 years.

Reply to
Tiger

Keep the car!

============ BuckShot LeFunk ==

1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic

Brian wrote:

the first 50k (so I've been told by owners and

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

SLK55 is inadequate?

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer
16K and you worry about something breaking? M B now says there cars will go till 30K till it needs costly work.

in a 500 a cheap fix will be around 2K that should be pocket change!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
ccarrigan

He should go for a Bentley

because he can.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

In that case, get a Maybach

============ BuckShot LeFunk ==

1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic

Dori A Schmetterl> He should go for a Bentley

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

16k miles in 3 years.

You should not have a car of your own at all ;-)

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula

I have a 94 SL320 with 106k miles, and have spent less than $2000 in mechanical repairs over the years. I hope to run it for another 100K miles before I have to do anything major.

If warranty repair is your major concern, buy an extended warranty when you purchase a new car. Otherwise, if performance is your need, go for the McLaren SLR Mercedes and be done with it.

Everything else is just a car, plus owning one is prestigious enough: you don't even have to drive it much, just enough to establish bragging rights.

Canoli

Reply to
canoli

"Dori A Schmetterling" haute in die Tasten:

No. He should go for a Mercedes 280SE Convertible 5.6 handmade by Autoschmiede

This means, in brief: A Mercedes W111 convertible from 1971 built up entirely by hand using new spare parts and the complete powertrain of an 1987 Mercedes 560 SEC. Parts like seats, the stereo system and car electronics are modified to look 70's but provide nowaday comfort.

If I were free to chose one car (but only ONE car), this would be the car.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

That is a very good looking convertible.

How much do they sell for?

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

"greek_philosophizer" haute in die Tasten:

If my memory serves me right, prices start at 150.000 US$ (it widely depends on the features you want to have)

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper