insurance cost for person of 35 on SLK 2.3?

hello

I am looking into buying either a SLK or CLK approx T reg and wanted to know approx insurance costs for a 35 year old man in the UK.

thank you.

Reply to
jason

a lot will depend upon your postcode ... and the insurer, no-claims discount, your profession, place the car is stored etc & etc ... going for online quotes

i managed to vary the premium between £450 and £2800, according to what information i gave. personally, i took out insurance with
... not that i'm recommending them, just that they gave me the best quote for my circumstances. get out there and fill in them ol' e-forms, tis the way to find out what it might cost. most online insurers will give you an instant online quote.

Reply to
Nick Hogg

In message , jason writes

My 1998 slk 230 costs me £630 with full no-claims, car loan, two named drivers, garaged in a 'good' area [pembrokeshire] has been similar for several years.

Insured with CGU

Owen

Reply to
Owen Jones

I dont know about the UK but in the US age has very little to do with it after about age 24 or 25. The biggest factors I saw when getting insured were my credit score, my profession and where it was parked overnight. Then of course my driving/accident history.

-Adam

Reply to
mc

As an additional source for comparison you may wish to try a regular broker. For some years I have been using

John Ansell & Partners Limited Overseas House

19 - 23 Ironmonger Row London EC1V 3QN Tel 020-7251 6821 Fax 020-7490 0708 E-mail snipped-for-privacy@ansell.co.uk Web

Contact: Dawn Ackland, Account Handler (motor insurance), tel. 7251 7480, e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@ansell.co.uk

They don't always offer the lowest quotes but use insurers who don't mess about with payouts. In my case it's Norwich Union (partly because they bought out the companies with whom my policies were...).

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Certain professions may be seen as increasing or decreasing standard risk. This could include use of vehicle for carrying samples etc which some insurers may wish to include in the assessment.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling