is there a Merc model comparison/history Website?

is there a Merc model comparison/history Website?

comparisons of eg 1980's models and how they have aged, things to watch out for when buying...

I am looking at a 1988 230 TE wagon E124

(what does TE mean?)

I think I am in love with the car, although some rationality should enter into it Currently I own and maintain a BMW 520i 1984 E28 it has been the most reliable and satisfying car I have ever had , albeit gutless Spent NOTHING on repairs in 5 years, just change the fluids, hoses, bash out the dents

Jom Sydney Australia

Reply to
jom

It means it's a wagon. With fuel injection.

If the MB was treated as well as the BMW then you'll get the same result. If not then well, uh, you won't.

You might notice the parts on the MB are a bit higher in quality. Look at things like relays, wiring etc...

But, ya know, they're old German cars so expect idiosyncracies.

Buyers guide can be found here:

Richard Sexton

Indeed. Just for info, now that all cars are fuel-injected the E designation now longer means "injection". It's just a class/size thing now.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

thanks guys

that website is fantastic for the W124, but is blank for the W123 I wonder if anyone else has another comparo website?

Reply to
jom

John, This gives a high level overview of Mercedes reliabiliy, but does not go into the individual cars within each class. It is the best I have been able to find, and generally gives an accurate view of overall model reliabilty for the major manufacturers. Good lunck.

PS - I had the pleasure of being in Australia for a few months last year and had a great time. Both the people and country were terrific. Was largely in Melbourne, but had a chance to see Sydney and some other east coast cities. Enjoy the homelife!

Regards, Tom Irwin Indianapolis, IN

Tom