new website

Hi, all Just getting my new website up and running. It is primarily to display some of my collection of over 500 model Minis. But there will also be a page of interesting other mini related items, including some short Mini video clips and possibly a page of surplus models for sale.

Keith

Reply to
xx

Charming little site.....what do you think you'll be collecting, when you grow up?

Reply to
Steve69F

just for your information, I spent 40 years working on the full sized ones. When I decided I had had enough, I decided to move to the smaller ones. If you can't understand that you are a sad little person.

Keith

Reply to
xx

No, I have grown up and no longer play with toys.

Reply to
Steve69F

congratulations, nice collection.

greetings from Santiago de Chile

Reply to
SonoMan

NOR DO I

xx

thanks!

keith

Reply to
xx

Hi,

The menu buttons did not show up in my web browser. I couldn't get past the front page without going into your source and looking for the links.

Good collection though! I get enough hassle from the wife for having 2 Minis in the garage never mind over 500 in the house!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
TurboJo

Hi, Just opened the site and it all works for me, so I don't know what the problem is for you. I did have trouble getting it to work when I first uploaded it, but my brother looked at it and sorted out the problem and got it working.

keith

Reply to
xx

Yeah brilliant collection or Mini models Keith,

And i've got quite a few of them myself all boxed up in my attic at the moment, but I do want to get a cabinet to display some of them in perhaps.

Mind you I did get a 1970's Dinky Mini Clubman in bronze off E-bay the other week and it had "The New Avengers" advertised on the back of the box too.

Well I bid for that Mini as I had one when I was a kiddie, but mine got broke sadly and although i'm quite pleased with my purchase, it's not quite the exact model that I once had as it's a slightly later version, because the box is of a later style and the Mini Clubman model hasn't got the number plates or jewelled headlights fitted.

Apparantely Dinky started cutting back on detailing towards the end (they folded in around 1980?) and although i've seen the exact same model that I had with the detailing and correct box etc, as ever they seem to be the ones everyones after and the bidding goes crazy and I'm not prepared to spend a massive amount of money on a model.

Well not at the moment anyway, but once my finances improve after my house move, who knows, perhaps I'll get lucky one day?

All the best and keep collecting mate because they'll be worth a mint in the future,

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Hi, Yes, ebay is a good source for rare models, but some of the prices are staggering. Last year I went mad on ebay and spent over £1000 on models, and luckily I managed to get some rare ones. The rarest one is in my collection now. It is crome plated on an oak plinth and was made by the Rover apprentices as prizes for the concours at the 1984 International Mini Meeting at Donnington park. (that was the Mini 2 Celebration) There were only 25 made and they all came in presentation boxes. The other prize which came with it was a caithness Crystal decanter with a Mini engraved on one side and the Mini 25 logo on the other side; again there were only 25 made. As I gradually build the site you will see many of my other rare and hard to get models. As for the Clubman, there were very few made, and I believe most were made as police panda cars. Nobody made the pick-up until around1989 or so, when I found one on a German trader's stall at the Mini 30 celebration at Silverstone. Since then Cararama have produced some very nice pickups in

1/43 scale.

keith

Reply to
xx

Sorry mate, but the site seems to be using a ridiculous amount of bandwidth and has just crashed Firefox twice. Needs some sorting, I think.

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk British Racing Green

David Betts

Yeah I had a problem with it too and i'm on broadband and don't normally have any issues now.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

So you just buy them and pretend to play with them? Do you collect little dolls also?

Reply to
Steve69F

Nice site and interesting, thanks Keith, I didn't have a problem accessing on broadband, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

keith

Reply to
xx

Oh yes Mini Models are irresistable, just like the real thing I guess, but I did get another couple of models off E-Bay recently.

One was a dark blue corgi Police Mini Van and the other was a Vitesse green MKI Mini and as they weren't boxed, I got them quite cheap and their in excellent condition though, so I was well pleased.

But yeah I got my red Corgi Mini 30 in the box with a certificate from the Mini 30 Birthday celebrations at Silverstone back in 1989. But prior to that I also got a yellow Corgi Mini City and then 3 Corgi Racing Mini's in a long box and i've not seen many of those around.

The one set I wish I'd bought was the Corgi Italian Job collectors boxset, featuring the 3 Mini Cooper S and it was released around 1994 I think and the models were better detailed than many of the later versions as that boxset had them with the 3 spot-lights in the correct positions. Mind you it cost around at least =A325.00 back then and the cars are quite tiny, but I've seen them for sale now from a collector at shows for over =A365.00 and I've not been to a Mini Show for some time, so god knows how much their worth now. Oh and I've searched E-Bay, but there's none available there or at least I couldn't find them.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Worked OK for me, although would be very slow for dial-up connections.

For those sporting SUs, take a look at

Cheers! Dave G.

Reply to
Dave Gee

Hardly likely to bother to use IE just to access one web-site. It really is up to the developer to make sure his site works well on all the popular platforms if he wants people to access it. Have you tested it on Firefox, Opera, Netscape, etc.?

Incidentally, I do have a broadband connection, although signal strength on my wireless network may have been down a little yesty.

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk British Racing Green

David Betts

Well i'm just using ordinary Broadband with Internet Explorer and I find it's using up a load of resources as my PC runs a bit slower when I'm accessing that site. Oh and there's a hefty delay whilst trying to scroll down the page too.

Apart from that it's okay really.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy