leak from strut on 1981 300sd

I have a leak that appears to be coming from my rear passenger strut on my

1981 300sd and I was wondering what parts i should buy to fix the strut. The leak doesnt appear to be overflow due to the sound that the strut now makes, which has been getting progressively worse. I'm just now sure what I need to repair the strut.
Reply to
philray

A 300SD should have shocks in the rear. Replace both as a pair.

Reply to
Karl

Replace all 4 with Bilsteins... don't waste your money on anything else.

Reply to
Tiger

Tiger, there is some alternate brands in the OEM arena, and Boge is one of these. What do you think it about Boge? Much worst than Bilstein? TIA,

RSalles

Reply to
mobi

Or you could just turn off your ESP.

Reply to
Rob

Huh? 1981 300SD's don't have ESP.....

Reply to
Karl

Boge is nothing special... will wear out in about 50K miles.

Nothing matches Bilstein. Koni Adjustable is close enough but costly.

Reply to
Tiger