Leaky 300SD

During heavy rain the floor in my '85 300SD get soaked. I read that the windshield seal could be a problem. The seal, or weatherstrip or whatever it is has gaps in it, I can stick a screwdriver inside, between the strip and the windshield. I was told that that is normal (??), is that true? Doesn't it have to be completely sealed up? Also, at the two bottom edges of the windshield there is some openings at both ends of the rubber seal/strip where a finger can be inserted beneath the windshield bottom, does that have to be sealed up?

Besides the sunroof, where else should I look for the source of this leaking, all floor wells get soaked.

Thanks in advance for any help. cp

Reply to
cp

Be sure the cowl's water drains are not clogged. These will be under the hood, on the firewall.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Yes, they drain fine. Could it be that the windshield seal (that the windshield sits on) is broken and letting water through?

Thanks cp

Reply to
126

Of course the windshield could be the cause, I wanted to be sure something simple (and free) wasn't the cause.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach