300e (Noise fm right rear tire area, axel?)

Hi,

It started making a slapping sound a couple of weeks ago. More noticable when making right hand turn. Tends to be quiet at speed steady state.

Coasting in neutral stops the noise.

Any ideas on what's causing it, and cost of repair.

thanks,

Elf

Reply to
`Elf

I took it to MB today, and on the way, it stopped making the noise. Been quiet for past 150 miles.

???

They said I probably picked up a stone, and it fell out.

Reply to
`Elf

see .. even their cars are scared t go tothe dealers ;-)

Reply to
atwifa