Manuals? CD?

I've got a 2001 E320, but MB claims they won't sell the manual set in paper or on CD till the warranty period is over. Are there any other sources for this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I wanted to get manuals for my 99 E300TD and ran into the same problem. However, MB said that they will release the DVD for the E class in Jan'05. You will be able to download the info or buy it on the StarTek MB site, for a subscription fee.

gator_mech

Try Ebay. I got a complete service manual set on CD for $30. They work really well and I am completely satisfied. I have a 1998 C230.

Davehd

Reply to
Dave HD

I read that some of CDs are junk. Who was your Ebay seller? TIA

Reply to
Alfred

I guess that's relative to working on a car with no manual. Me, I prefer a Haynes manual that you can leave open on top of the air filter when you're working. Although a CD sure is better than nothing in my opinion YMMV :) Mike

Reply to
Just Mike

Ahh... but paper manual gets dirty... with CD you can print it out... get it dirty and throw em out.

Reply to
Tiger

There ya go!! Keeps the manuals clean. My Ebay seller was repairyourcar. Davehd

Reply to
Dave HD

THe best DVD is the WIS

Reply to
CSC

I bought the official 190 Mercedes CD from an Ebay seller. It is better then nothing, but it is very confused and the pictures are terrible quality(halftoned and scanned).

I was hoping to get a manual more like the manual I got with my 1978

320i. WOW! That was a beautiful publication....

Marty

PS So what if the book gets dirty? Paper is better IMO.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Speaking of which, if I were to try to sell the full manual set for my model 124 Diesel, is it OK to post a pointer to an eBay auction here?

Thanks!

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Sure! It would be good to put a FS (for sale at the begining of the subject), but that would be on topic at least, compared to a lot of garbage that appears here.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph