Merc 210 van - engine swap

Hi,

I suspect this might be a little off-topic for this group, but I thought I'd ask.

A friend of mine has a 1988 Merc 210 panel van with a very dead engine. One possible soulution is an engine swap, but the vehicle is

100 miles away and I can't remember how it's layed out.

Does anyone here know how practical it is to swap an engine in one of these? Is it viable to do without a full vehicle hydraulic lift or inspection pit? Assuming we can find an engine!

Thanks in advance. Paul

Reply to
Paul L'Allier

How dead is very dead?

Not an electrical failure, presumably?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Sadly not. I've not seen it, but I'm told there is a large hole in the side of the block. :-(

It's looking like replacement is the best option, but it's slightly more complicated becaucse it's a disabled-modified vehicle.

Paul

Reply to
Paul L'Allier