mercedes 400se 1992,missfiring

i had major tune up ,but still had the missfiring, which start when the car heat up or after driving for more the 20 minutes. which make the driver vibrate,can any one help

Reply to
mike30265

When is the last time you had the engine mounts replaced?

Reply to
Tiger

why do i need to change the engine mount,how much it cost

Reply to
mike30265

why i need to change the engine mount, how much it cost

Reply to
mike30265

V8 have some inherent shaking... motor mounts dampens those minor shaking. If motor mounts are bad, engine feels like misfiring.

Depends on who installs them for you... shouldn't be too much overall.

I had this problem where I complained about excessive shaking... turns out to be motor mounts. Once done, smooth as silk again.

Reply to
Tiger

Where do you live?

In Los Angeles, the hourly rate is around $150 hour.

Reply to
Karl

........... you've 'GOT' to be kidding me!

but I guess if there is a clueless captive market.... :-)

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz