mercedes c200 cdi:year 1999

hi,i'm trying to find something about the old version of this car. i mean the one before the restyling so it should be dated 1999 or before. problem is that i can't find anything on that model,only about the newer one. could anybody suggest me a link? the fact is that i could have this car at about 10000 euros(70000km and used for 4 years) but i would like to know what kinda car it is(yes,i don't know nothing about cars) before talking face to face to the seller. thx a lot luca

Reply to
luca

What do you wnat to know? Technical details? Reliability? What?

Reply to
thomas kaarud

"thomas kaarud" :

hi thomas,thx for your question. i would like to know first of all if it is a good idea to buy this car and what could be a honest price. and then,yes,i'd like to have some infos about reliability and equipments that usually come with this mercedes(stuff like esp etc). i take it for granted that it has a good motor and it's a safe car. am i wrong? thx for your answer :)

Reply to
luca

I take it that you are in Italy, from your email-address? I dont know anything about car-prices in Italy but I guess that they are higher than in Germany, am I right? A car like you describe would, in Germany, sell from EUR15.000 to EUR20.000. So if you can get it for EUR 10.000 that is almost too cheap to be true. I would really check that car before I bought it.

As you say, they engine is good and reliable but it is really the slowest and weakest of them all, even though it is a rather small car it uses 13,4 sec to 100km/h (60mph). But it use very little diesel so it will provide you with a cheap means of transportation.

The w202 has got some issues with rust, so you better check the doors and the trunklid. If the car is registerred for the first time after oct 24 1998 then it is covered by the mobiloLife-warranty and you should have better warranty against rust (30 years).

When it comes to equipment, that varies a lot from country to country.... where was it sold as new? ESP was not standard on the German-sold cars until the 2000-model (but still on the w202). If you have a look in the servicebook (whixh should be complete by the way) check further back in the booklet and you will find a blue sheet that is glued into the servicebook (if it is not there then that is not the original servicebook). Have a look at this blue sheet and you will find a line with three-digit codes (959 = Esprit) and some three-digits and a letter (543L = Italy)... write these down and post them here, then I can tell you what options the car has got.

Reply to
thomas kaarud

"thomas kaarud":

cut cut cut

thx a lot thomas. if this thing goes on i'll surely ask again for your help ;-D bye luca ps:yes ,i'm in italy

Reply to
luca