1999 voyager items to check when buying

Hi list,

I've been using your knowledge before, and was able to solve some problems before with your help, still thx for that !

But now I want to buy a newer model, 1999 2.5i voyager. The car looks fine with 116.000km on the odo, but what specific should I look for on this model? Please give me your advise before I spent my money in a moneypit.

Thanks in advance!

Guido

Reply to
Guido

jdoe

Er...no. The original poster asked about looking at a '99 Voyager 2.5i. That is a European model with a 2.5 litre diesel engine that has nothing to do with US 4-cylinder engines and does not have head gasket problems.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

With the 2.5 litre diesel and (I assume) 5-speed manual transmission, you avoid the two big potential moneypits. As with any used car, inspect it thoroughly and if you aren't equipped to do so by yourself, have a thorough inspection done by a qualified mechanic. Any used car, no matter how well designed, can have bad surprises waiting in store.

(To the rest of RAMC: The '99 2.5i Voyager is an Austrian-built model with a 2.5 litre diesel engine. Most of them have 5-speed manual transmissions.)

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
jdoe

Well, actually I was asking about the 2.5 litre petrol engine running on liquid gas ( I don't know the phrase in used in the US ) . The diesel engine's are nice, but not logical for my kind of use.

Indeed it has the 5 gear manual tranny.

Hope this clears things up....

Thanks in advance for your $0.02

Guido