Mercedes Rims

Hey guys. The guy I bought my 500 SEL from gave me this set of rims. Does anyone have an Idea if these are Mercedes rims? I cant find anything about them on the internet. There are no mercedes logos either. Thats a picture of it. It has a center cap, but its blank. They used to be shiny chrome. They fit my car no problem.

Rick

Sorry guys, put the wrong link on here.

that is the rim Im talking about.

Reply to
Rick

That looks like Centra... you can google for more info.

Reply to
Tiger

They're not made by Mercedes - it says right in the ad they're replicast.

Typical Adsit. Sheesh. Genune ones can be had for about $25 in very good condition from better wrecking yards. That price is way out of line for orignal ones let alone replicas. The car will be kind of flubbery on 14" rims, 15" rims really wake it up. For slotcar type handling get 16" and wide tires. Hard to find but worth it.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Repros. But better than those 14" jobs in the previous post.

As long as they balance out ok they'll be fine. You can get the center caps easily and cheaply from the dealer. Almost not worth mail ordering.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I'd also point out, aside from the price, is the quality of what you get. I bought some rims from Adsit that were supposed to be identical to the original OEM wheels. In fact, they are slighltly different, with a portion of the rim being about a 1/2" deeper than the real ones. And when I went to have them balanced, they were so far out of round that the tire shop wasn't sure they could even do it. In short, IMO, they were low quality crap. If I had it to do over, I'd take some true OEM wheels and send them out to be refinished. There are shops that will do it, including welding dings, etc. It will wind up costing about what one of the crap new ones would cost, but will be a real and exact wheel.

Reply to
trader4