Replacing original Startac phone

My 2000S has a Motorola startec phone that plugs into the audio/voice recognition system. Is there a phone on the market that has this plug-in capability? Is there a device that would allow one of the current phones on the market to communicate with the system?

Thanks

Reply to
Dave B

You can upgrade to the MB Motorola V60S but it is not cheap. You will need to remove the rear bumper and replace the antenna in it, replace the cradle, replace the PSE with the auto-sense one. Plus the handset. Parts alone run about $2500.

Reply to
Karl

No... there is no replacement for it. However, MB dealer now have bluetooth kit for the car... fully integrated as a retrofit... not cheap but allows you to use any phone you want.

Reply to
Tiger

This is not 100% true: "not cheap but allows you to use any phone you want"

The phone you pick from a list of approved models MUST have the correct software version in it to work. NOT all phones work!

In order to use an approved Bluetooth phone, he still has to upgrade to all the parts I listed earlier except instead of the V60S handset, he will need the Bluetooth adaptor. It takes the place of the handset. And buy the Bluetooth phone.

Reply to
Karl

Check out the mikbox

It might fit the bill

Reply to
me

Oh... didn't know that. I thought I read everything on this... apparently not.

Reply to
Tiger