ML350 Dead Battery

Question: How long can a ML350 sit before the battery goes dead?

Answer: 3-7 Days.

Has anyone been having the same problem. If so. Is this something that I will have to live with or is this a problem my dealer can not seem to repair. The problem has been addressed on four occasions to no avail. At this point in time I am addressing this problem through the Lemon Law. Does anyone have any recommendation.

John

Reply to
John W Wehrenberg

marlinspike

I have had 2 dead batteries on my C320 since I got it last April. The first in June and the second in September. Both happened 4days after the power seats stopped working. The dealer has changed most of the computers and also found a bad ground wire, a cracked plug, and two wires not fully plugged in.

Reply to
WPWise

It is not unusual form my ML to sir idle for 2 days weekends. Also, I have been on vacations of 5, 7 and 10 days and have never had the vehicle not start. I suspect you have an electrical problem. Perhaps there is something that is staying on after you turn off the vehicle.

As for lemon laws, I don't know where you live but here in Texas, the lemon law only applies to issues regarding safety or imminent danger.

RichieP

Reply to
RichieP

Ditto on my ML. It often sits unused for a week or more at the airport.

Most lemon laws also apply to any defect that would significantly affect the resale value.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill