Freelander dead battery and chimes

Hi,

Quick question that I hope someone here knows the answer...

I've a Freelander petrol and this morning after being parked for a week the battery is dead. It's on charge at present but for the last few weeks whenever I've got into the car there has been two chimes and the seatbelt light has flashed. Should I have taken this to mean impending doom for the battery? If not, what does it mean? I've not noticed it before the last few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Gordon

Hi .........

What age is your Freelander?

Is it the 1.8, or 2.5 V6?

Brian

Reply to
Horse.trader

Its a three and a half year old 1.8.

And when I said two chimes, it could have been more.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Gordon

Low keyfob battery warning ....... will flash a red light too :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Cheers,

Will that stop the car firing and give the appearance of a flat battery by any chance?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Gordon

Not sure .... ours was easily identified by the 2 fobs having a different effect and one of us opening the "book of words" :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee