motor runs, belts don't turn - 81 300TDT

Strange - The motor runs fine, but the harmonic dampener/pulley doesn't turn at all. The power steering belt is very loose now, but the rest seem OK.

I replaced the front bearing seal about 2.5 years ago, which means I had to also take the dampener on and put it back on. It's been running fine since, so I don't think that has anything to do with it, but perhaps?

Could it be the keys that hold this onto the crank have sheared? Is the crank broken? I would have thought that something like that would be a drastic occurrence, and the pulley should be on the ground.

TIA for any comments or suggestions

Reply to
tweaks

There's 2 dowel pins that hold the "counterweight" from spinning freely on the crank. Part number N900037-008100 times by two.

It should only be these, with any luck.

Reply to
TPr

I'm hoping so! I'll try to get under there with a mirror or something today and see if the crank is turning inside the pulley.

Thanks! I don't see those parts on any site - do you have a source for them?

Reply to
tweaks

| I'm hoping so! I'll try to get under there with a mirror or something | today and see if the crank is turning inside the pulley. | | Thanks! I don't see those parts on any site - do you have a source for | them?

A mercedes dealership, they are only a couple of bucks for the both ;)

Reply to
TPr

#23 here:

Karl

Yup.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Thanks - I'm getting under there tonight, I hope.

Reply to
tweaks