1999 CLK 320 - cracked oil pan

Doing things ass-backwards, I've purchased a 1999 CLK 320 with

155,000km from a friend, THEN did the inspection. The MB dealership has informed me that sometime ago the balance shaft snapped, and cracked the top of the oil pan, resulting in a slow oil leak. They estimate C$8,000 to pull the engine and fix the pan (the balance shaft was repaired earlier). For 20 hours labour (estimated), this still seems a high price to me. Anyone have any experience/educated opinion on this?

Thanks!

Reply to
Uniquecoupe