New Tires

Last week I replaced the stock 30x9.5x15 with BFG 31x10x15 did not even have to adjust steering stops. The rear tire carrier did need a slight mod. The BFGs would not let the back door close with out really slamming it because of the rubber bumpers. To compemsate I installed 3 half inch diameter x half inch thick nylon fender washers over the tire studs. Now the door closes without slamming and very easy. Also not needed but I raised the third brake light up using the same method giving me a little more play. Last fall I installed a

8500 winch with a 100 amp fuse block and solenoid. I also installed a switch on the inside to operate the solenoid engaging the winch. This summer I will be building new front and rear bumpers out of 3 inch schedule 80 piping.
Reply to
coasty

Thanks for that tip. I've got 31-10.50Rx15s and I've been using a

225-75Rx15 as an emergency spare so the tailgate would close properly. When I buy a new set I'll use the best of the old tires as a spare.
Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Looks good Coasty, but man, that jeep is WAY too clean! :wink:

K.

8500 winch with a 100 amp fuse block and solenoid. I also installed a switch on the inside to operate the solenoid engaging the winch. This summer I will be building new front and rear bumpers out of 3 inch schedule 80 piping.
Reply to
Kate

Ajax is stronger than dirt!

Reply to