noise when turning left

I have 1 79 240d MB.

when I turn left, I hear a thup-thup-thup sound from the rt front.

doesn't occur on turning right.

j.

Reply to
Say not the Struggle nought Availeth

flat tire

Reply to
Nota Clu

I had the same thing a few years back. Turned out that I had snapped the sway bar on my SLC whilst rushing my dog to the vet. I drove over a deep dip in the road at high speed. I had it welded back together and haven't had any problem since.

axel

Reply to
axel heyst

Are you sure it's the right front? Jack up the right front and spin the wheel--any grinding sound? Now with one hand at 12 o'c*ck and the other at 6 o'clock, see if you can wiggle the wheel. If so, could be bearings. I'd do the same above procedure on the left front just to be sure you're hearing it correctly.

Reply to
John

More correct: "non-round tire".

Check for cats attached to the tire. That could be it too.

(Sounds like a separated tread to me frankly)

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Reply to
Scott Clark