Oil change problem HELP

I changed the oil on my 98 E320 today and the filter I ordered ( Mann HU 718 /5X was tight getting onto the tube that holds the filter .While twisting it I managed to break the filter holder where there is webbing to allow the oil to flow through.So I had the top in one hand and the plastic tube in the other I immediately went online to try to buy one and found that nobody online sells this item After the panic settled I looked it over and couldn't understand why they would design it in this way and it looked like if the end of the tube with the o rings were inserted into the hole at the bottom of aluminum chamber I could fit the filter on the plastic cap and reassemble it and it would work as intended with the only problem being the webbing wouldn't be inside the filter. So I broke all the remaining webbing out to prevent any further breakage that might fall in and reassembled it as described. I have several questions Is there any problem with the way I repaired this ? I would appreciate any help with a part number or what this is called other than oil filter holder and where can I get one for a reasonable price Thanks in Advance Bob

Reply to
BoborAnn