oil filter

Hi

I am new to the MB family, I have a 2001 e320 4matic. It is getting near winter and would like to change my oil. When I do a search on oil filters, I get results anywhere from 8.95 - 19.95 for a filter.

What is a good filter that can be recommended?

Thanks

Roland

Reply to
rc0369

Buy the filter online... you should only get the fiberglass version of oil filter... no paper one.... price difference is substantial so you can tell... Paper is like $5... and Fiberglass one is $18.

That fiberglass filter and synthetic oil is all you need. You will need to get a oil filter housing wrench to remove it and retighten it... It is an interesting oil change when you do it for the first time. Change all the orings on that filter unit.

Reply to
Tiger

On my E430 at least, the oil filter seems to be noticeably tighter that what I am used to.

I made the mistake of not tightening properly on the initial oil change and got a nasty surprise when I started the car.

Reply to
me