Opinion sought

get one or two shipped?

5spd turbo diesel "Westfalia" VW) to tacoma washington.

Canada from outside the US it must be 15 years old. To

lot of money and connections, which wouldn't make any

father shops. Once he won't straight off the plane and

Yes I am in Vancouver, How did he ship them? Did he rent a container? I could fly over there and pick up a couple to ship back. Would be fun. :) and I could fund my trip with the proceeds of the sale.

Reply to
smoked salmon
190D

---------------------

cp wrote:

anything is possible.

sister. 120K for 2500EU, with shipping and taxes cost

Reply to
Juergen .

Yes, I mean 190D, the 200D is the w124, same engines

cp

anything is possible.

sister. 120K for 2500EU, with shipping and taxes cost

Reply to
cp

You ship them from Bremerhaven, a number of choices there

could fund my trip with the proceeds of the sale.

If you speak German and are knowleadgeable about these cars then it is definitely worth it. It's harder now that many cars are going to eastern Europe, though those are usually the cheaper ones. For 4000EU+ you can find a really nice car.

Now if you're not familiar with Europe or the languages then it will be hard.

cp

Reply to
cp

Astonishing engines, seem to last forever, some even good for

1 million km with no revisions in Taxis here.

Compared to them the newer CDI engines ar c***.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Juergen, what are you doing up so late? Go to sleep! =)

Yeah, I talk with taxi drivers every time I'm in Germany and they praise these engines. We're definitely happy with the two we have.

BTW, what do you think of the CDI, apart from the other ones of course =)

cp

Reply to
cp

Export model for Italy only, always 5 speed manual trans, no auto.

110 kw = 150 PS, 280 Nm @1800-3600 revs

Sedan

206 km/h (128 mph), 10,4 s 0-100 km/h (62.1 mph)

T-Model

203 km/h (126 mph), 11,3 s 0-100 km/h (62.1 mph)

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Lame whiners! ;-)

Fill the other 4 passenger seats with men, fill the

500 litre trunk completely and tow a your 1500 kg caravan - THEN you can complain about power in a 55 PS 200D!

Juergen - W123 200D AMG aka 240D...

BTW: Schleswig-Holstein, country between the seas, very nice!

Reply to
Juergen .

The second-one from top (1699 EUR) was a former taxi - so it`s 40.000 to 150.000 km a year, the former for one-driver operation, more-driver operation typically is around 120.000 km.

So it's VERY clear that car has _at least_ half a million kms, maybe more than 1 million, it`s 17 years old! That's what's behind "Kilometerstand nicht nachweisbar" (mileage not approved).

And with the red 250TD is stated: "Tacho ist schon gewechselt worden gesamtlaufleistung ca 250 Tkm" (odometer has been replaced, total mileage ca 250.000 km) means it could also be 500.000 km - or more!

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Very well said, the W124s are modern enough (ABS, airbags), simple enough (non-CDI diesel engines) plus high quality materials used.

Also a wide choice, here in Germany from 72 PS 200D to

320 PS E500 (not counting E60 AMG), sedan, T-model, coupe, cabrio.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

That's marketing, pure marketing.

There was the 250D (and 250D Turbo), 2,5 L 5-cyl engines. And the 300D (and 300D Turbo), 3 L 6-cyl engines (and the

200D, 2 L 4-cyl engine).

In some markets like the US the 250D Turbo was marketed as

300D 2.5 Turbo - a try to give the car more prestige as "300D" was well known from the /8 (which here in Europe was marketed as "240D 3.0") and W123, also as these two series never had a 2,5 L diesel engine.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Local time is ca. 1:35 a.m. Sunday morning, Saturday was the first real warm day and I will soon get out, free the ole 240D from the garage and do some night-time photography.

Astonishing power, _very_ fuel efficient.

What I do not like is the loud outside noise when cold (which is even worse with VW TDIs), and if anything fails it can get costly, much electronics.

Also for professional use like taxis I'm not fully convinced about the longevity, but for private use

300.000 or more km without major problems should be fine.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Arrrrgl - one mistake after the other... ===:-((((

Of course it should be "multi-driver operation"

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Juergen, I'm puzzled about your last comment. Are you saying you prefer the 300 TD in the late 90's for example to the new CDI models... is it mostly because of the simpler engine etc?

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Ahh! So that is why it is so cheap...

Reply to
Tiger

the newer cdi engines work just fine and will blow the doors off of any older diesel, and most gas cars too

Reply to
jdoe

the w123 200D had the same engine (2.4L) as the 240D in North America?

cp

Reply to
cp

oooooooops I mean w201 =)

cp

Reply to
cp

Yeah, 1:35am in Hamburg is when the life starts, especially near the ports =)

Night time photography, a lot of fun. Amazing the pictures that can be taken.

Impossible to run them without electronics?

300K, that's not much. My, how the mighty have fallen. Perhaps the electronics wear out.

cp

Reply to
cp

No, those were just some quick examples. We've definitely brought over good cars in that price range, though now it's harder as most of them go to eastern Europe.

cp

Reply to
cp