POwer steering fluid

Hi, In my mercedes 190e 1988, Whenever I go above a certain speed, I get play in the steering wheel. It then last for a day then goes back to normal (the steering wheel becomes tight again).

1-What level is the power steering fluid supposed to be? 2-what color is this fluid supposed to be?

Does anyone knows what could be the problem?

Karle

1988, MB 190e 2.3
Reply to
nikki

That sounds scary. You should have the entire front end of the car carefully inspected to insure there isn't something loose or broken.

Perhaps the steering rack? Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Ditto...It has nothing to do with fluid.

Reply to
Tiger